Thursday, November 20, 2008

New York








So we are totally broke, especially since I started a new career this year in insurance and make half what i did last year. That being said we had the opportunity to go to new york for a week for practically free. It was amazing and so worth it. Of course this week I'm playing catch up and have been so busy. We did all the tourist stuff like the statue of liberty, empire state building, central park, time square,etc. We also got on the wrong subway and ended up in Brooklyn which was an adventure. We stayed in my brother in laws hotel room so it was free and my sister paid for half of my ticket. The food in New York is so expensive. There are no free refills on drinks most places, which blows.(we found that out the hard way) Adam took over 1000 pictures and many videos. We made fun of him the whole time. That is one of the reasons I love him. He is deprived and has been on a plane once before and hasn't traveled out of the states surrounding nevada,poor guy. (We went to the zoo last year and it was the only time he had been)I knew he would take tons of pictures so I didn't go to the top of the empire state building. 1 because it cost $20 and 2 because im deathly afraid of heights. Two rungs up a ladder and my knees are shaking from fear. I posted a few picture...if you can tell is way really cold there.

4 comments:

amber belmonte said...

how fun! we went for our anniversary 3 years ago and want to go back so bad! i love it there!

The Sorensen Family said...

Girl that is awesome. Now I can not go to NY I would never survive no free re fills I would go broke:)

Berryessa Bloggers said...

Big Tall Lauren...I didn't know you had a blog. You are cool. I've saved it under my blog bookmarks. Keep up the good work. We need to hook up next time Drusilla comes to town.

Love, tb

Jen said...

Hey girl!! So, i am hosting a coupon class on 1/22 (next thurs). send me your email & i will send you an e-vite! Then you can REALLY save for another fun trip!!